z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Trying to get my grove back! | MaeveMadden

Trying to get my grove back!

• Hello my gorgeous Queens! 👑 

Last couple of weeks have been crazy, im finally back to work after 4.5months (im a beauty therapist) and im struggling to schedule my workouts for days I finish early (back home for 6ish)  I would've done 5 a week and last week I only managed 3 and I've only done one so fair this week.. im trying not to let it defeat me or bring me down but my anxiety has me on overdrive 😅 but any advice would be amazing!! 

Also wondering if any Irish Queens received their mats yet? I'm hoping to get the kick in the bum once I get it 😅.

Hope you're all well!! 💕💕💕💕

• Ah happy youre back to work finally! 🙌🏼

I'd say if you can at all try getting up early one or two mornings before work and do one of the early lives or some of the 30 minute workouts.

Another thing that helps me is if I schedule the workouts into my week when they come out on Sunday-its almost like if ai schedule them in I have no choice (in a good way 😂).

Miwt important thing is give yourself time to get used to being back in work and build back upto your 5 workouts a week. 3 in one week is still smashing it Queen 👸🏻

PS I'm in Ireland waiting on my mat too cant wait 😄

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith Hey Cliodhna! I totally understand, Its so frustrating when life gets in the way of QDQ 😂 I havent been working the past year but have been studying instead. My course is finished now and I am already fretting about when I do eventually get a job and how I will struggle to do as many workouts as I have got used to! I think what Karyn said about doing the workouts in the morning before work is a good idea. I usually prefer early rather than late anyways and at least that way you have it done and dusted and dont have to be thinking about doing it after a long hard day at work.

Give yourself time though to get back in to your working routine and try not be hard on yourself if you havent the energy to do the workouts. Its totally understandable. In a few weeks you'll have got your mojo back and be back on the venga bus 😄 xx

• Thank you so much girls for the great tips and tricks! 🥰. Even though it's amazing to be back at work a part of me was like "but what about my QDQ?!" 🤣. I was looking through the library and decided to try and tackle at least 3 this week and slowly but surely build up. I did sexy shoulders on Monday and did combat queens today so im hoping to do the HIIT party on Sunday and then start fresh from Monday and get back into my groove 💃. Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement, words cannot explain how much I love this community 🥰💕💕💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith hahaha I feel the same! I feel like my life revolves around QDQ and I dont what ill do when life returns to normal. 

Ease yourself back into it anyways, you are doing the best you can in the situation you are in. You'll get there dont worry xx

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith Aaaah I had a whole message written to you this morning but must have closed the tab before actually sending it! The jist of it was- firstly how fantastic to be back at work, woohoo! So that's likely going to take a bit of a toll on you physically and mentally until you settle back in, so don't be too hard on yourself or put too much pressure. You will settle into a routine!

I would say at the start to pick either like your very favourite workouts and try get 3 of them done a week, or say barre if you are feeling low in energy, or do the shorter ones like Fran's classes, spicy circuits or sexy shoulders so mentally you think - right this is only 30 mins out of 24 hours in a day and I will be done with it, so the time won't be a blocker. Something like try for one before work once a week, one evening and one on your day off. The absolute joy that we have early lives but then also the library! Don't rely on motivation alone- have it planned and scheduled and try let there be no excuse unless absolutely necessary to stop ya- get the music on and even if you don't feel like it I reckon once you hear a bit of Shania you'll get caught up in it! 

Best of luck!!!

PS no mat for me yet either, I ordered on the 1st. Maeve had said on another chat to email if any concern: maeve@84world.com

• @Sharon Scully thank you so much! It's been so great to be back but like that overwhelmed with the physical interactions and routine again 🤣. Just out of practice 🤣. Just need to be more mindful physically and mentally so planning the routines out like the girls recommended will help with my anxiety and having things to look forward to 🥰.

Thank you SO much for the workout recommendations! I honestly haven't tried the barret class or Franciscas classes but I'll definitely give those a try when I finish early just to keep me physically moving 🙈💃. I listen to Shania heading to work to give a pep in my step! But honestly thank you so much 🥰🥰.

Ahhh amazing! I ordered two mats (one for me and one for my sister) on the 30th of April but I assumed with Brexit and the bank holiday it must've delayed them. At least we're all in the same boat 🥰. I may send an email the end of the week but sure look, it will arrive when it's suppose to! My current Mat is on its last legs 🤣💕💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith fab to get back to work and I'd say you are wrecked and very, very busy.

I found the bank hol last week knocked me off my routine a little as well, I only managed 3 workouts and no lives. This week I've 2 done so far, will do 1 tomorrow and 1 Sat as I am determined to do more than 3 this week.

Between probably being on your feet most of the day and then just all the initial rush of managing appts and that pent up demand from customers while its good to be back its prob a bit crazy too so just take it in your stride and don't beat yourself up.

• @Jude H I was the exact same with the bank holiday! Just totally dropped the ball! 🙈. Well done on smashing your workouts though, so proud 😍😍!! I've done two this week cause I'm actually working 6 days this week (it's very busy and my head is scrambled 😅) but im hoping to do one on Saturday but if my body needs rest I'll just listen to my body otherwise I'll do one on Sunday, maybe too if im up for it 😅. But we got this girls! Hopefully I'll be more organised for next week 🙈💕💕💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith I agree with all the queens. On my rest days my clock goes off at 7, 2 mornings a week I get up at 6.20, and do spicy circuits and sexy shoulders. Done by 7.05, in shower same time as normal, for sake of 40 mins less in bed. It's so worth it not to have to think about it again those days. Then 1 on a luncbreak and 2 on days off. Read a good quote recently about discipline beating motivation..... but can't remember it!

• @Sinead Toal I am reading a book at the moment called Atomic Habits,its really good. Basically by creating even the smallest habit everyday will lead to greater success in the future. Like what you are saying,setting the alarm early even on your days off, getting into those routine habits that you dont even have to think about after a whille, you just get so used to doing. 

• @Ashley Jordan yes! That sounds like the book I heard being reviewed. I'm going to download a sample of it now. Thanks!

• Great chats here and feeling need to get the mojo back, reading these has helped

see You tomorrow dx

• I managed to achieve 3 workouts last week and i am absolutely delighted! I didn't managed to do one today though because my body was just exhausted but managed to get a good walk in! This week is a new week so I cannot wait to try and achieve 3 more workouts 🥰. Thank you for the amazing support 💕💕💕

• @Clíodhna Weafer Smith well done Clíodhna!! 👏👏👏 New week,fresh start 👑💪🔥💕