z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Hiking Spots?! | MaeveMadden

Hiking Spots?!

• Hey queens, 

I feel like I've been so absent on here after everything opening up but it's just so great to be able to get out and about! I said I'd pop on and see if anyone can suggest any good hiking spots? I've really taken to it recently but don't want to be doing the same hikes over and over again.

I live in Carlow in Ireland so everything is a bit of a drive but I don't mind travelling! Maybe even queens in the UK/around the world could suggest hiking spots here for queens outside of Ireland (or spots to travel to when we can!!) 

Thanks ladies, I hope you are all keeping well & getting on well with the challenge!! 

• @Niamh Byrne Hi Niamh yes it's great to be able to get out and about. I came to Killarney at the weekend and there's just so much walking to be done around here. On Sunday we went up Torc Warerfall and continued up and climbed Torc mountain. It took us 3 hrs in total but the views at the top are worth it. The knees felt it....but I reckon all my workouts stood to me, I was fine on Mon.

If your really feeling energetic you could climb Carrantouhill.. I did it 2 years ago and it was tough so don't think I'll do it again (been there done that!)

We walked the Gap of Dunloe yesterday and you can walk forever in the Killarney National Park.

Still a few days to go before we head back home to Dublin so hoping to do the ring of Kerry (that will be driving)!!

• @Niamh Byrne Hiya, fabulous excuse to not be as active on here!!! Hope you have enjoyed being out and about!

Roz Purcell has a page on Insta called The Hike Life, and I think she has documented details on quite a few hikes around Ireland so could be worth looking into! I was only thinking today wouldn't it be a fab plan to do over the Summer as many hikes as I could, as I love the activity and I'm a sucker for a good view!!!! Slieve Blooms in Laois wouldn't be too far from you, there's a few different trails 

@Yvonne McWilliams oooh that's sounds fab- all going well I am going to Killarney in July so will definitely be trying to do these! 

• Hey Niamh, I'm the same I feel like I haven't done a qdq workout in a long time since I've been out and about doing things. I'm from Kerry and there are some fab hikes or walks to do. 🌞

Some ones that I've done recently around here have been climbing Annascaul Lake, Glanteenassig, Mount Brandon(can be quite tough) Sás Creek, Mount Eagle. Ones I plan to do soon are Torc Mountain and Mangerton Mountain outside Killarney🏔

if you do visit Kerry you should definitely drive the ring of Kerry and see stops like the gap of dunloe, ladies view, the national park, Slea head drive around dingle is fab! 😊

• @Yvonne McWilliams oh Yvonne that sounds like a fab trip! I definitely can relate with the knees, mine aren't great but I find the coming down is worse than going up! Killarney is definitely on my list of places I want to go! I feel like there's so much of Ireland I haven't seen yet!! 

• @Sharon Scully Thanks so much Sharon! I do love a hike and I've done a good few in the last few weeks and they seem to slowly be getting easier! I did a few last summer but wasn't able for them at all 😂 QDQ has definitely increased my fitness so much! x

• @Jia Moriarty Kerry is definitely on my list! Think it'll have to be a staycation so I can fit in all the things I want to do. I've never been but it's one part of the country I'm always dying to go to, especially in the nice weather it looks so beautiful 😍 

• Oh you are all making me miss Ireland so much! I'm from Liverpool but feel like I belong in Ireland, can't wait to go back!

• Niamh download the Trails app. I use it every weekend to pick a spot. Ireland is absolutley terrible for sign posting trails so I just follow the app. Make sure your phone is powered up so you don't get lost! I haven't found any wow spots yet! I love going to places where there aren't many people and totally off the beaten track. If I find any gems I'll let you know! 

• @Yvonne McWilliams we are down in Killarney also at moment, amazing walks, cycles or trek. Just back from Gap of Dunloe wall was fab.

@Niamh Byrne great walks greystones to bray also! Howth cliff walk too enjoy 

• Hey Niamh,

You may have done it already but I walked Glendalough in wicklow last week and it was so beautiful. It can get very busy there but we went on a Thursday at 9am and there was only a handful of people around 😊

• I'm in newry so great hikes in the mournes. But we are going to cork for a week, clonakilty, so any suggestions welcome 

• @Niamh Byrne did you try the app I mentioned to you HIIKER? it covers hiking spots all over the world.

My brother and his friend started it a few years ago and hes actually just left his job to work on it full time as they just got funding from enterprise Ireland.

• @Rachel Vickers yes glendalough is lovely especially on a sunny day 😍 would honestly do it every day without getting sick of it!! 

• @Anne Hamilton Black I have it downloaded but haven't had a chance to use it yet!! Thanks so much x