z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Tummy | MaeveMadden

Tummy

• Hi Ladies,

Into my 4th month on qdq, was working out on insta before that.  Really struggling with my tummy, need to lose weight but love my food😟also have IBS, take symprove but can't seem to reduce tummy. Feel I'm toning elsewhere but the tummy, the tummy, any advice or tips, struggle to engage my core sometimes, well most of the time, plus I'm in my 50s which doesn't help.  Sorry rabbiting on, basically help!!!!

• @Geraldine Morrissey Hi Geraldine, first off well done for sticking with the workouts, I think consistency is key to seeing changes and getting results. I have been doing the workouts for over a year now and its only really in the last 6 months that I feel I have started to notice changes. I dont cut back on food either, I love all the treats too much! Im not an expert at all but I know from listening to a lot of the Queen trainers that you cant specifically target an area that you want to lose weight unfortunately, it comes off where it naturally wants to. However in saying that by incorporating more strength classes and weights in to your workouts should help you build muscle and tone up all over. Do you do any of the weighted classes like sexy shoulders by any chance? I feel I have really started to notice a difference through doing a few of these classes a week and upping my weights aswell. 

I struggled also with engaging my core and I feel I have only started to get the hang of it in the last few months. I used to hold my breathe and that wasnt right at all 😂 Maeve suggests laughing as that action makes you use your tummy and engages your core at the same time (try it, it actually works!) if you try and imagine you are pulling your tummy to your spine is another way aswell that i think works.  

It might be a suggestion if you haven't already to reach out to Maeve or one of the other trainers- Sinead is lovely and does pilates and yoga so knows heaps about the core, and I am sure they would be only too happy to help you. They are all a wealth of knowledge when it comes to health and fitness. Definetly worth asking. 

X

• @Ashley Jordan thanks so much for the encouragement and advice.  Yes I do mostly strength training and have just upped my weights. I love Maeve and also Francescas class.  I try to do between 3 and 5 classes a week. I will definitely reach out to the trainers and see what they advise too. As the Queen herself says queen's don't quit ❤

• @Geraldine Morrissey I am right here with you!!

This is the one area I seem to struggle with. Tracking calories and macros, drinking more water doesn't seem to be helping but I'm continuing with it! My tummy is always the last place any weight comes off I think it's a hormone thing.. IBS sufferer too so a lot of bloat especially in this heat! I hope you get some answers but don't be too disheartened like Ashley says it can take some time but keep going!  

• @Ashley Jordan amazing advice Ashley x👏🏻

• @Geraldine Morrissey they are all so helpful and very responsive! I had a knee injury a few weeks back and they were so good with their advise! Your doing amazing!

• @Lucy Blake all us ladies seem to struggle with the same areas. It's a constant battle 

• @Carol Tansley really hope your knee is well mended.  I will definitely chat some of the trainers,thank you 

• @Geraldine Morrissey thanks Geraldine. So much better now x