z
z
  • z
z Search

This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Maeve Madden from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of MaeveMadden.co.
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.  Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website.  Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
Maeve Madden (MaeveMadden.co) is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site.  You are encouraged to consult with your doctor with regard to this information contained on or through this website.  After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

Sore body🥴 | MaeveMadden

Sore body🥴

• Hey ladies! Just wondering if some more experienced queens can help? I've noticed over the last few days my body is quite sore after the workouts. I'm following the challenge but missed the start and I've been here for 3 months, I do all the warm ups and cool downs without fail, but I've noticed since Friday I'm sore after them! In fairness I can actually feel some muscle definition now🎉 but I'm wondering do you just power through when you are sore or should I skip a day? 

It's not anything that would hinder me moving but I'm afraid of doing damage as I already have a bad back! 

Id love a talk on aches/soreness, what they potentially mean and how to stretch them away!! I need to start educating myself!!

But for now, I'm just wondering if anyone else is really feeling it🙈

• Maybe try alternating days a little?  Like do lower body, then upper body, then take a rest day, do HIIT, rest day, total body?  And then you would have another rest day before you start again?

Epsom salt baths also help!!

• Fuelling up right after working out is important , making sure your getting enough hours of sleep and also resting when your body is feeling sore or maybe taking a walk or going swimming or looking at one of the stretching post in the queen dont quit page. I still get sore and some weeks il be more tired and sore -prob from homornes etc or where i am in my menstrual cycle.  If you are finding that your still very sore after 2 weeks maybe go to a physio there could be something there that can be fixed etc . sorry for long message. I hope it helps . Everyone is different 😋

• Hey 👋

I still get sore and I've been doing the workouts since the beginning of QDQ. It never gets any easier as Maeve and the trainers make it harder each week to challenge us and make sure it's working 💪 I love the feeling of being slightly sore as a reminder that it's working 😂

I agree with what the girls say above. I try and alternate days.. if I've got sore legs after the booty or pumpkin spice class I'll do an upper body the next day. If they're really sore then I go for a walk, have a long Epsom bath and do loads of stretching!  .. oh a great tip is that in the library there's a class@Sinead Corcoran did back in December last year called 'active stretch'.. I sometimes go back to this on a rest day if I'm feeling sore and usually feel SO much better the next day. (I'd love another class like that more up to date ♥️) 

well done! (As the other girls say, if you're in pain you should see a physio. But general muscle soreness is normal - for me anyway!) xx

• Thank you so much ladies, lots of advice there for me!

Epsom salt baths are great,had a huge bucket of it from the chemist but it's gone so I need to restock!

@Helen Madden I have found the classes getting harder and that was expected but I was just afraid I was pushing too hard. In general I try to do total body, upper, lower, and a class with sinead roughly in that order and have 1/2 rest days and go again but never thought to look back in the library for a stretch class with Sinead, she is a fabulous coach!

I did also hear Maeve mention after pumpin spice friday about hydrating really well before a class which I'm not really doing🙈 its generally roll out of bed, into clothes, grab water and get into it so I might look at trying to get up earlier and be better organised!!

@Claire Keane I definitely need to work on my nutrition, would love the new app to have more of this not just recipes as I'm quite new to this amount of exercise and im not eating enough, but really trying to drop some weight, I need to start reading up a bit and get the balance correct!

Thanks for your help ladies, so good to know it's not just me struggling ❤